|Engineering||Auburn Hills, MI USA||Extensive Domestic and International|
Henniges Automotive has an opportunity for a Technical Specialist. As a key team member of the Global Innovation group you will be responsible for the development of new manufacturing technologies related to extruded products. This role includes managing development projects through the Innovation gateway process from ‘Idea Generation’ through to ‘Launch Ready’ phase and meeting the annual objectives established by Policy Deployment.
- Participates in the ‘Idea Generation’ process for Innovation
- Provides a leadership role in extrusion related development projects.
- Quotes, plans, and manages all extrusion development projects for Innovation.
- Provides leadership for Corporate Extrusion Council/Best Practice AME.
- Provides support for Operations relative to extrusion ‘problem resolution’.
- Performs or ensures the accomplishment of the following core supervisory/management functions for the department: planning, organizing, directing the performance of ongoing activities and/or special projects, staffing (employee selection, training/coaching and performance management, time entry), coordinating, reporting and budgeting.
Skills and Abilities
- Well-developed active listening and negotiation skills.
- Communicates effectively (verbally and in writing) with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the company.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
- Develops challenging short- and long-term group plans and objectives aligned with those of the department and/or company; solicits staff input in the developmental process.
- Working knowledge of market forecasting, planning, market research and risk management.
- Thorough knowledge of automotive manufacturing processes, practices, and challenges.
- Well-developed organization and planning skills.
- Provides leadership through example in a unionized environment, consistent with prevailing collective bargaining agreements (typically based on experience in a unionized environment).
- Ability to work in a team and/or matrixed structure, supporting multiple clients.
- Ability to conduct effective/efficient meetings and manage the meeting process with optimal results.
- Flexibility and the ability to work with shifting priorities; embrace new/evolving responsibilities.
- Balances multiple demands from superiors, subordinates, and/or peers in a positive and even-handed fashion; displays a calm demeanor under pressure.
- Initiates new ideas and approaches; challenges prevailing practices and approaches with reasonably sound alternatives.
- Minimum: An advanced level of professional knowledge normally acquired through the completion of a post-baccalaureate program or certification in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
- Minimum: Knowledge and skills typically acquired through 10-plus years experience; Multiple years of hands-on experience.